– aka mycoses, mycosis, dermatophytosis
– lesions caused by infection are tinea
Tinea Corporis – body ringworm. VERY CONTAGIOUS.
- red, scaly, itchy patch of skin around trunk.
- Scratching can spread it around body.
Tinea Capitis – head ringworm. HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS.
- found on head.
- itchiness and flaking.
Tinea Pedis – athlete’s foot. Can be transferred from feet to hands (tinea manus).
- Trichophyton Mentagrophytes (when between toes)
- Burns, itches, cracking/peeling skin, weeping blisters
- Locally Contraindicated.
Tinea Cruris – jock itch. Not exclusive to groin.
- also found on upper thigh and buttock.
Swedish – Locally Contraindicated
Deep tissue – Systemically contraindicated
Stretching/PNF – Locally contraindicated
TrP – Locally Contraindicated