– Herpesvirus type 1 (HSV-1) – lesions around mouth
– Herpesvirus type 2 (HSV-2) – genital herpes
– Herpes Simplex can survive outside the body for hours at a time.
– pain or tingling before an outbreak; then a blister or a cluster of blisters on a red base.
– blisters erupt and ooze. Scab forms a 7-10 days later. Can last 2-3 weeks.
Swedish – locally contraindicated
Deep Tissue – SYSTEMICALLY CONTRAINDICATED while acute; otherwise supportive.
Stretching/PNF – locally contraindicated
TrP – locally contraindicated